Candidiasis is an infection caused by the fungus Candida, which is a fungus that has more than 20 types. However, the type of Candida that most often causes the infection is Candida albicans. Candidiasis can appear in various parts of the human body, but the most common parts of this infection are the mouth and the intimate organs. Other body parts that can be affected by Candida infection are the nails, the esophagus, the area around the anus, and the digestive tract. Look for the yeast infection no more method to relieve your pain.
The risk factors for candidiasis, are as follows:
– Have a weak immune system (infants, pregnant women, the elderly).
– Are on certain medications, such as oral or inhaled antibiotics and corticosteroids.
– Undergoing chemotherapy or radiation therapy for cancer.
– Have circumstances that cause parched mouth.
– Have diabetes that is not sufficiently sustained.
– Being sexually active can increase the risk. Even so, candidiasis is not a sexually transmitted disease.
– Bad hygiene routines.
– Utilizing dentures.
Under normal conditions, Candida fungi already exist on the surface of human skin. However, if they multiply excessively, especially in damp parts of the body, this fungus will trigger an infection. Some of the factors that are thought to increase the risk of yeast infection are:
1. Age, fungal infections are more common in infants and the elderly. For example, diaper rash in babies.
2. A weak immune system, for example, people with HIV/IDS, someone who is undergoing chemotherapy, and users of steroid drugs.
3. Chronic diseases, such as diabetes.
4. Certain drugs, for example, antibiotics.
Depending on the type of infection, the doctor will take a medical history and perform a thorough physical examination. The doctor will take a sample from an infected area, such as the genitals or mouth, and send it to a laboratory for diagnosis. For more serious cases, an ultrasound or CT scan is needed to examine the brain, kidneys, liver, or spleen for candida sores.